Rice University’s perennial spot in the Leiden Ranking of scientific impact and our global leadership in nanotechnology, materials science, high performance computing and policy analysis are not accidents. In our century-plus history, Rice's distinguished community of scholars has emphasized cross-disciplinary collaboration and the willingness to question orthodoxy — essential ingredients for developing novel ideas into workable solutions.
Rice’s more than 40 institutes and consortia are hubs of interdisciplinary scholarship and research.
- Baker Institute for Public Policy
- Brine Chemistry Consortium
- Center for Energy Studies at the Baker Institute
- Consortium for Processes in Porous Media
- DeHoop’s research consortia (GMIG)
- Energy and Environment Initiative
- Humanities Research Center
- Institute of Biosciences and Bioengineering
- Ken Kennedy Institute for Information Technology
- Kinder Institute for Urban Research
- Nanotechnology-Enabled Water Treatment (NEWT) Center
- Rice Space Institute
- Smalley-Curl Institute
For a complete listing of Rice’s research institutes and centers, please visit: https://research.rice.edu/centers-institutes